Typing input methods
Change your typing style
You can change how your BlackBerry® device recognizes what you type by selecting a typing style.
1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Typing and Input > Typing.
3. For a keyboard, do one of the following:
• To turn off all typing assistance, change the Style field to Direct.
• To set your device to suggest word predictions as you type, change the Style field to Predictive.
4. Press the
key > Save.
Find more information about typing in other languages
You can learn to type in other languages such as Chinese and Thai by reading the Typing Guides that are available online. Visit
and search for the Typing Guide in your language.